Klook.com

21 March, 2012

Food Republic @ 1 Utama Shopping Centre [Part 3]

Food Republic, the Singapore-based food court has operated for more than half a year since 23 July 2011 at 1 Utama Shopping Centre. And I've tried almost all the foodstuff here, noticing that I've made two posts about them HERE and HERE

#1 Milo Dinosaur @ RM5.00

When I come across Milo Dinosaur, automatically my mind thinks of a typical Malaysian! Most of the time, only locals would opt for this. And today I'd be sampling some local cuisine at Food Republic.


#2 Nasi Dagang @ RM 8.90

Served with banana leaf, this plate from Serimuka is a famous East Coast Malay food. The combination of red yeast rice, brown rice, glutinous rice and hurba (a kind of traditional Malay spices) gives the rice its unique flavour and fragrance. 

The accompanying dishes include Gulai Ikan Tongkol, some local tuna richly spiced in coconut milk with lemon grass, chilli paste and turmeric, and some lightly Pickled Vegetables. A good one can rarely be found in West Coast, but I'm glad to find this with the right balance of sweet and spicy taste.

#3 Curry Chicken Drumstick with Steamed Rice @ RM12.90

Introducing another local food which comes in a relatively large portions, usually males will definitely opt for this one at Little Wok Kitchen. The curry chicken rice is smothered in a creamy, piquant Indonesian-inspired curry.Along with small servings of salad, shrimp, mayonnaise and fried egg, it satisfies a big eater.

#4 Chicken Rice @ RM6.80

Here's a Chinese version from Farm House Chicken Rice, in which the owner introduces his original Sarawakian chicken rice. The tender meat comes along with a bowl of Pandan Rice. As I scoop a spoonful of the rice, its aroma wafts up.

#5 Portugal Style Stingray with Rice @ RM7.90

Coming across the stall named Hot Plate, their spicy sweet sauce whets my appetite! Accompanied with ladies fingers, onions and greens, the stingray is firm and flaky. I can taste the goodness here.

#6 Young Coconut @ RM5.00

If you feel like having another drink after the meal, you can try the Young Coconut Water to soothe your throat after a series of spicy local specialties. 

***
If the above is not up to your preference,  
then check out other cuisines served in the Food Republic as listed below!

A full list of tenants there include:
  • Farmhouse Chicken Rice VISITED
  • Serimuka VISITED
  • Little Wok Kitchen VISITED
  • Rama 9 [Part 2]
  • Pepper Lunch Express [Part 1]
  • Hong Kong Roast [Part 1]
  • Shokuji [Part 2]
  • Tarbush Express [Part 1]
  • Hot Plate VISITED
  • Western Cuisine Express  [Part 2]
  • Teppanyaki Express  [Part 2]
Verdict:
1. Personally, Nasi Dagang is my favourite local food there. 
2. Malaysian foodstuff are normally quite oily, but not the ones served at Food Republic. 

Food Republic 
S346-S347, Second Floor, 
One Utama Shopping Centre,
1, Lebuh Bandar Utama, 
Bandar Utama City Centre, 
47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

52 comments:

  1. who decorated the nasi dagang? You? Very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Small Kucing, the plate comes in such presentation by itself :)

      Delete
  2. Eat, eat, eat! Hey, the Nasi Dagang looks interesting. Looks like some kind of spiced rice. Smells good from here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Shirley, can't stop eating eh :P it is spiced with the fish and vege actually

      Delete
  3. hahaha .. u really intend to eat all the food in the food republic..
    I scare the nasi daganng.. the fish kinda fishy taste..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I've tried all of them :) check out the other posts for more yummy food!

      Delete
  4. YUMMY MEALS .YUMMY BLOG.

    DEFINITELY GONNA FOLLOW YOU .

    FOLLOW ME BACK .I BE SO HAPPY ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Izdiher, thanks for your kindness here!

      Delete
  5. pictures seems nice to eat but duno really nice or not lor.. =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr Lonely, they do taste good in different ways, depends on your preference of course :)

      Delete
  6. Wah.. you actually tried almost all of the food there? *Jealous*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Hayley, yes I've tried all the foodstuff there, and now it's your turn to do so :P

      Delete
  7. Oh, the young coconut drink looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woahh... I can't believe you tried everything. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there :) just wanted to get a true taste of all there!

      Delete
  9. i actually like nasi dagang very much! almost as much as nasi lemak! the one here looks very tempting :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Sean, personally I feel that the rice is actually much better than the ordinary nasi lemak, with more authentic Malay flavours ;)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. hi Mireia, :P then you should try them out!

      Delete
  11. Haha I agree only Malaysians can understand what is so nice about Milo Dinosaur. But I think after people try it, they will have to love it! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there, I agree that it's really good one, and oh-so-Malaysian! :D

      Delete
  12. ah, it's about time i explore food republic. so many are praising the stalls in there!

    HUNGER GAMES - movie review & similarities with Battle Royale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Tony, yes you should, you'd love at least one stall there :)

      Delete
  13. are u trying to visit each one of them? =p
    anyway ur drumsticks make me drool early in the morning! ISH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Henry, I've visited all of them :P hope you can enjoy some chicken rice by noon!

      Delete
  14. I think the Milo Dinosaur is worth a steal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Yee Ling, RM5 is worth the value for money? I don't know the usual price, but I heard that this is a really flavourful one!

      Delete
  15. Yummylucious.. Still have part not yet publish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Nikel, all of the food there are in my blog already, check 'em out!

      Delete
  16. Fish, I love coconut drink. I always buy on weekend. RM3 each from the roadside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Sheoh Yan, only RM3? How lucky for you, good for soothing the body!

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. hi Xue Ren, local stuff are sweet and spicy most of the time :)

      Delete
  18. *came in at the wrong time*
    As I scrolled down after d Milo Dinosaur..I saw the nasi dagang with rich curry gravy..omg..Drooling wey...(chek chek see keyboard got any saliva o not)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Mel, it's our Malaysian favourite, isn't it? Yummylicious!

      Delete
  19. I'd love to know the history of Milo - it's something we grew up with in Australia too - Milo on top of ice cream was a childhood favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, seems like Milo can really get well with everything :D

      Delete
  20. Wah, u makan so much alone kah?.....didn't ask me to join leh....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Pete, I had the meal in a group. Hahas, join me next time :)

      Delete
  21. I actually can hear my stomach growls when I look at all your food photos:D I have never been to Food Republic, can you believe that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi QuayPo, I bet you have been indulged in all kinds of good food, time to try out some common but tasty foodstuff :)

      Delete
  22. That food is so brightly coloured! I love the look of the crispy skin chicken xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I love colours too, how attractive they are!

      Delete
  23. the nasi dagang looks yummilicious. i so want to eat it NOW!

    good photography!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Evelyn, thanks for your compliment, have a try!

      Delete
  24. Oh, the Milo dinosaur must be very sweet! ~.~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Choi Yen, it's not that sweet but just full of Milo flavour :P

      Delete
  25. It's 2am and I can't eat anything before going to bed. Your arrays of delicious food make me hungry even more! =D I need to pay a visit in Malaysia and Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Nami, I'm proud to let you know that these 2 countries are indeed the heaven of food, you should come someday :)

      Delete
  26. I love the red and white rice together, it is so beautiful. I have not cooked with red rice before:-) I love how they serve rice on a banana leaf, that such a fun idea:-) Hugs, Terra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Terra, yes its creativity brings goodness to this plate of rice, try it out :)

      Delete

Comment here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...