Klook.com

09 June, 2012

Father's Day @ Terazza Brasserie, Grand Dorsett Subang Jaya

Treat your Dad to a special Father's Day celebration at Terazza Brasserie, Grand Dorsett Subang (formerly Sheraton Subang Hotel)! The menu by Chef Mohd Busthomi, aged 37 features a glorious buffet spread from Western, Italian and Japanese cuisine to our Malaysian local fares!

Highlight for the afternoon:
  • Tie tying competition
  • A string of lucky draw prizes including dining and accommodation vouchers

The restaurant is brightly lit, with two sections- Romantic indoor dining & relaxing al fresco ambiance. The glorious buffet brunch spread is wide but I only get to sample some of the many chef's specialty dishes.

STARTERS

#1 Grilled Chicken Breast with Tomato Salad

I'm pleased that the starter itself is very mouth-watering. I love the lean, tender chicken of mild saltiness, and a twist of flavour is added from the sweet and sour salad. 

#2 Spicy Prawn with Glass Noodle 

Then I'm treated with some succulent prawns. With minimal condiments, I can tell how fresh the seafood is.

#3 Avocado and Orange Salad

Some sourish foodstuff is great to tantalize my taste buds before going for the main courses. I enjoy the avocado chunks drenched in sweet and sour sauce. Just nice with the crispy chips and a zest of sweet orange.

MAINS

#4 Chicken Kebab

The buffet spread is kind enough to include the Arabic Corner, mainly of Lamb Kebab and Lebanese Bread. The chicken cubes are grilled into perfection, quite juicy yet mild in taste. 

#5 Stuffed Potato Skin with Minced Chicken

It looks like jewels in a nest. Well, I am totally smitten by this chicken stuffed in potato skin. In the pocket of firm, baked potatoes, I find the minced chicken very soft and I like its aroma from traditional herbs. Must-try!

#6 Skewer Honey Prawn

#7 Scotch Eggs

The crispy crust is so delicious. So much lighter and tastier than the deep-fried eggs, I wish to reach for a second piece of this!

#8 Seafood on Ice (Prawns, Salmon, Mussel)

#9 Satay 

Between a choice of chicken and beef satay, you can watch the grilling process by the skillful chefs while indulging in the various delicacies.

DESSERTS



#10 Signature Bread Butter Pudding

When it comes to desserts, you must not miss the signature bread butter pudding. Drenched in milk or topped with whipped cream, the pudding is soft and suits my sweet tooth!

#11 Strawberry and Blueberry Pudding

#12 Moist Chocolate Tartlet

Calling all the chocolate lovers out there, you'd certainly love this! The mini tarts have a firm chocolate base, topped with rich creamy chocolate paste. I love the way it melts in my mouth.

#13 Assorted Cakes

The dessert section also features ABC, Cendol, French pastries, ice cream and our ol' good Malaysian favourite--- Teh Tarik! I bet my Dad would love this; He's a coffee enthusiast!

If brunches are not your scene, then the barbecue buffet dinner would enjoyable as it is held at the terrace garden along with the live cooking featuring varieties of pasta and satay. 

Dinner Menu (Additional Dishes):
  • BBQ foodstuff 
  • Grilled whole lamb
  • Slipper lobsters, squids, fish
  • Big whole snapper with tamarind sauce
  • More....to check it out yourself!
Definitely a gastronomic treat that Dad will appreciate and remember!

Verdict:
1. Considering the strategic location, spacious dining area and comfortable ambiance, I'd recommend this place for celebration purposes, to leave memorable moments!
2. Recommended: Bread Butter Pudding and Stuffed Potato Skin with Minced Chicken.
3. The food is very diversified, surely to delight your dad's most discerning palate!

Date: 17 June 2012, Sunday 
Buffet brunch (11.30am to 3pm) : RM68.00++ per person
Barbecue dinner (6.30pm to 10.30pm) : RM98.00++ per person
 Please call 603-5033 7250 ext 1912 for reservation.

Terazza Brasserie
Grand Dorsett Subang Hotel 
Jalan SS12/1,
47500 Subang Jaya, 
Selangor.
Contact: 603-5031 6060
Fax: 603-5031 8686
Website: www.granddorsett.com/subang
Facebook: fb.com/granddorsettsubang



23 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this great post. I was cracking my head on where to take my dad and here I see this beautiful spread of food at Dorsett. All the more Subang Jaya is nearest place for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. father's day coming hor? But this place looks too grand. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food really looks good..
    It is really good place to celebrate father's day....

    ReplyDelete
  4. avocado and orange salad! i think i could eat 10 bowls of that one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well taken photos!!

    The Spicy Prawn with Glass Noodle looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummy! Those fried eggs look amazing! The perfect celebration feast :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of this looks so fabulous, I would be going to this place more than once. I cannot understand why this would not be "anybody's thing". Lovely choice for father's day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice!!! You're taking your father there for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look at all that food and would love a bite of everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice food, very yummy!! so are you bringing your dad there on father's day?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my arent the prawns gorgeous??? i am sure they do taste gorgeous too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Fish, the brasserie still looks the same; it has not changed a single bit. I know Papa Carrie would rather have me treat him to a Japanese meal since that's his favorite cuisine... But! The tarlets and satay are so tempting that I imagine them crawling out of the computer screen and presenting themselves on a plate before me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photo's! Everything looks so fresh and so good. But I'd really love to dive into those desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The scotch eggs look very special! Wonder if it tastes good xD

    ReplyDelete
  15. ah, i am treated again with gastronomic yumminess. love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I prefer my Stuffed Potato Skin with some beef bacon bits :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. scotch egg grab my attention this round lol :P

    ReplyDelete

Comment here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...