Klook.com

25 April, 2012

Eyuzu Japanese Cuisine @ Eastin Hotel PJ

Looking for something different in town, I’m tempted to try out the Shumatsu Buffet at Eyuzu Japanese Cuisine at Eastin Hotel, Petaling Jaya. This Japanese buffet is really something to look forward to, because it is really satisfying based on past comments and I have never heard any complaints bout this restaurant. 

Under the perfect dining ambiance, Chef Ricky Hui has prepared us a sumptuous buffet spread. What a weekend treat it is as I can enjoy different Japanese gastronomic fare with the little Japanese table setting and live fishes in the aquarium bowls. 

#1 Sashimi Set

The first and best thing to relish in is definitely an array of sashimi. It is well-presented in thick cuts which reveal its juiciness upon each bite. The preparation from the kitchen is almost never-ending, and we can always savour the freshest slice of sashimi. 

 #2 Marinated White Tuna

I’m totally smitten with this platter of raw fish which is heavily marinated with butter and garlic. As flavourful as it is, the touch of freshness is retained. 

#3 Seafood Soup 

This is unusual in a Japanese buffet selection. It’s Chef Ricky’s specialty seafood soup in a teapot, which is served individually to us. It’s light and flavourful; Simply irresistible!

#4 Cold Starters

Left: Idako (Marinated Baby Octopus)
Middle: Chuka Hotate (Marinated Scallops)
Right: Kim Chi Hasai (Long Cabbage Kim Chi)

 #5 Deep-Fried Prawn Heads 

I rarely see such an unique starter, which tantalizes my taste buds along with its crispiness. Now I can enjoy a twist in the flavour of something which usually disposed into a bin.

 #6 Crispy Crab Stick, Salmon Skin and Seaweed 

#7 Teppanyaki Oysters 

Relish in this freshly shackled oysters with its oozing juice upon each bite. Best for those who don't favour the raw taste.

#8 Cheese Baked Oysters 


#9 Fresh Lobster

#10 Assorted Soba 

The Japanese staple wheat noodle is a must-try, as the bouncy noodle goes along pretty well with its soy sauce, plus the added aroma from the spring onions.


#11 Crispy Tender Tempura

#12 Sizzling Teppanyaki

For some heavier taste, you'd love some piping hot teppanyaki grills, with its taste enhanced with soya dashi sauce.

#13 Robatayaki 

We had our satay in Japanese style as well, with its original healthy barbequed meat. Apart from chicken and beef, we grilled salmon and tuna too. 

#14 Sukiyaki
#15 Assorted Dressings

 #16 Assorted Makimono

#17 Assorted Nigiri Sushi 

#18 Assorted Inari Sushi


 #19 Fresh Fruit Cuts 


#20 Assorted Cakes 

#21 Dorayaki Japanese Pan Cakes 

It is complemented with different flavours of spreads, including Kaya, Strawberry, Peanut, Honey and Chocolate. It is perfectly cooked with crispiness on the outside and soft on the inside; A lovely one to snack on!


#22 Abe Kawa Mochi 

#23 Assorted Omochi 

You may find the red bean filling in a mochi quite common, but surprisingly, it comes with the aromatic Pandan and Black Sesame fillings here, with fluffier skin and better chewiness.


#24 Matcha and Red Beans

I simply love to have warm red bean paste along with two scoops of Green Tea ice cream; A creation I learned from some Japanese CafĂ©. 


#25 Ice Kacang 

Despite of the colorful bowl of condiments, what really attracts me is the scoop of Pistachio Almond Ice Cream. Aromatic and flavourfull, a touch of sweetness melts my heart. 


#26 Sweet Endnote 

Finally, the hotel management is kind enough to present us the beautifully decorated dessert comprising of Green Tea Mousse, Lime Ice Cream and a touch of fruits

Verdict: 
1. Anything raw here is fresh and succulent. A total enjoyment for Japanese food lover like me.
2. I love the concept whereby it serves more diversified Japanese cuisine which we rarely see.
3. Eyuzu will never let you down with its authentic Japanese flavours and setting; Needless to fly to Tokyo anymore!

Shumatsu Buffet 
Availability: Weekend dinner only
Time: 6.30pm to 10.30pm
Price: RM86++ (Adult) and RM43++ (Child)

Eyuzu Japanese Cuisine
Level 2,
Eastin Hotel 
13, Jalan 16/11, 
46350 Petaling Jaya, 
Selangor.
Contact: 603-7665 1111 ext 203
Website: www.eastin.com

***
Related to my weekend escapade at Eastin Hotel:
#1 Executive Lounge for Breakfast @ Eastin PJ
#2 Eastin Deluxe Suite from RM600++ onwards
#3 Lobby Lounge & The Divans 

82 comments:

  1. The food makes me drool la,too bad I've missed it;'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me want to put up a stay at Eastin Hotel and go to Eyuzu Japanese Cuisine. All food are too good to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheoh Yan, I have updated bout their rooms too :) You should really consider this idea!

      Latest: Eastin Deluxe Suite

      Delete
  3. lovely buffet.. went there few times and quality is always well controlled even with coupon deal!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BABE, FISH, U successfully triggers my appetite. ARIGATOOOOOO!!! ;DDDD xpp

    ReplyDelete
  5. The buffet spread does have a lot of variety of jap food! Looks real good too *tummy grumbling* Might consider to give it a try during special occasion since it's quite near my place :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilda, it's really a good deal :) most importantly, it's convenient from your place

      Delete
  6. The seafood teapot looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drooling at the sashimi set and the omochis!! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love green tea ice cream with red bean paste - perfect combo! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a fan of fried and crispy stuffs so I will normally not eat those crispy crab sticks and tempura in a Japanese buffet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also not a huge fan of sushi - will normally avoid them in a buffet cos they take up too much space in my stomach. Hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I want the lobsters! Yum!! And the ice kacang looks really good! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh those yummy pancakes! Which spread is best? : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Foong, seems like all of the foodstuff tempt you well! :) The best thing is certainly the sashimi, while the best spread for pancake is no other than honey!

      Delete
  13. waaaa Japanese buffet my love ~ awww RM48 is reasonable :D thanks for sharing :>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rascat, it's not RM48 by the way, the price is clearly written in my post :) Check it out!

      Delete
  14. I saw a few of my favourite - shashimi, baby octopus, oyster....ice cream....aaa.... making me craving for sushi. haha... Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I kinda missed for their fresh sashimi..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikel, same goes to me :) I wanna revisit!

      Delete
  16. wow, deep-fried prawn heads! that sounds like a really nice snack. and the price seems very reasonable for this wide range of good-quality seafood :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sean, it's certainly a good bargain, especially for their sashimi!

      Delete
  17. I've tried their buffet. The sashimi was good, fresh...& oso the mochi! Other than that...it was just average. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mel, agree with you about the sashimi :) It wins everything there.

      Delete
  18. i've only been to Yuzu at Gardens but not EYuzu in Eastin, haha!! wow, look at all those food!! so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SK, seems like their names are really similar! Time for you to check out Eyuzu then :)

      Delete
  19. As usual, you are here to tempt me with all sorts of desserts! :(

    Haha, but seriously, all the food makes me drool...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hayley, I thought you'd be tempted by the sashimi this time :P

      Delete
  20. Your photography skills are so good. All the food looks sooo yummylicious!! Really need to make a trip there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kitty, thanks for your compliment and do share your experience there with me ya :)

      Delete
  21. great shots, love the shot on nigiri :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ken, thanks (: hope you fancy the food here!

      Delete
  22. i am sure lobster is a fav....
    so better get it fast before it too late.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Oongui, it's definitely a steal there :) Yummy!

      Delete
  23. Love the assorted mochi... yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Replies
    1. Hi Charmaine, yes and good for some special occasion! :)

      Delete
  25. We have a high liking for Japanese food esp the sides and raw cuts. I was checking out the pics on this in detail and seems like a perfect place the next time we want to indulge in Jap food what more the price is ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nava, totally agree with what you've commented here! :) Tried Eyuzu before?

      Delete
  26. Not a fan of Japanese food. Eeeeee...they are people eating the prawn head? For one thing, they say that's where all the cholesterol is. I think I'd love the pancakes though... Looks good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arthur, it's not so good for health, but certainly excellent in taste! :)

      Delete
  27. WOW, What a place, everything looks amazing! So pretty, too! Your photography is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, thanks for your words, the food is just so good for me :)

      Delete
  28. Yum! Everything looks delicious! My favorites are the desserts^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry, me too but I put desserts aside during Jap buffet :P

      Delete
  29. hi! i suggest u to join this giveaway http://bit.ly/JVTzTD, it is open int'ly. pls dont forget to include that i reffered you to join it :D aja! visit the link, it isnt a scam


    http://myxilog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Myx, thanks for informing and dropping by to my humble site :)

      Delete
  30. seriously the picture you take of the food looks very delicious lor.. no money go eat also can make dao have the feeling of die out the money to go eat. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr Lonely, sounds like the temptation is really strong there! :P I'm glad that you really want to experience the goodness of Eyuzu by yourself

      Delete
  31. Replies
    1. Hi Tony, it can be nicer in price too :P during promotion times

      Delete
  32. The raw fish seems pretty fresh here. It was fun seeing Japanese dishes from this restaurant. Abe Kawa Mochi was really interesting - I've never seen it in a restaurant and this restaurant must know what they are serving! As a buffet, the quality seems to be pretty high! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nami, it's definitely good although the chef is not a Japanese, but the quality is well-maintained here.

      Delete
  33. Fish, I think I'll pass the Prawn Head.. I don wanna eat otak udang.. :p.. ha ha ha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aki, what an idea you have there! :P I didn't thought of that though.

      Delete
  34. I love red bean paste and red bean ice cream. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, sounds like you're a red bean lover there! :)

      Delete
  35. Dear u make me drooling over the baked oyster AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Choi Yen, I should give you mine coz' I'm not really a fan of oyster :P

      Delete
  36. The sashimi platter looks so good! Price looks rather reasonable too.

    ReplyDelete
  37. all the food looks amazing and it's all new to me, I wish I had some omochi, they look so pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beti, yes their lovely omochi is appealing

      Delete
  38. sashimi my love :3 and it nt that expansive tooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, glad to hear that you love it too. Get a try (:

      Delete
  39. I really love the sushi and the sashimi, man. I'm drooling at the sight of it, lol. But I do hope that it's as good as Kampachi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte, i haven't tried kampachi before, hope to try it someday!

      Delete
  40. Maybe I should go try there at once !! =D

    ReplyDelete
  41. what a mouth-watering spread. you can never go wrong with Japanese cuisine. the baked oysters and sashimi look simply divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, yes you're right. Everything there is fabulous!

      Delete
  42. oh my god look at the color of Omochi! feel like snowing now XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kianfai, they're really good, covered with the snow :P

      Delete

Comment here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...